¾ cup olive oil
¾ cup fresh lemon juice
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons finely fresh chopped mint
4 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
4lbs bones leg of lamb, cut into 2” cubes
32 dried apricots (whole) boiled in water for 15 min
4 red onions, each cut into
· Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint, salt, lemon, pepper, coriander and cumin together until blended. Divide, set aside half a cup of this mixture
· Toss lamb in marinade, set aside for 2 hours at room temperature.
· Prepare your barbecue.
· Thread 3 lamb cubes onto 1 skewer. Then thread 3 apricots and 3 onion chunks alternately on the next skewer. Baste everything with the reserved marinade.
· Grill the apricot/onion skewers until onions soft & brown.
· Grill lamb to your desired temperature, basting continuously.
· Serve on a bed of couscous