Served over Fresh Spinach & Field Greens with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
For the Pecans
Pecan recipe makes 2 cups
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour. Stirring every 15 minutes.
- 1 cup Apple Cider, reduced to 1/4 cup, cooled to room temp
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon (optional)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together cider, vinegar, lemon juice, dijon and shallot. Slowly whisk in olive oil to form an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper.
For the Salad
Good quality Blue Cheese, crumbled
Golden Delicious Apples, cored, sliced very thinly
Fresh Baby Spinach leaves
Fresh Field Greens
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
In a large salad bowl combine all ingredients, except vinaigrette. Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over salad. Toss gently for 2 minutes. Serve.